Why Soap Free, Detergent Free Cleaning?

Why Soap Free, Detergent Free Cleaning?

One of many problems with soaps and detergents for carpet care is that they leave a soapy, sticky residue, which causes rapid re-soiling and particle loading. This results in quickly re-dirtied carpet and unhealthy indoor air quality. Over-use of carpet-cleaning detergents causes the need for premature carpet replacement. Said simply, when you use soaps or detergents, you are not cleaning — you are polluting the environment we live in. With “soap-free cleaning,” carpets stay cleaner longer, feel softer and dry more quickly, because it eliminates sticky, moisture-holding residue that takes forever to dry.


Allergies and sensitivities have always been a big problem. For many, walking through the cologne aisle in a department store is unpleasant, and the fragrance additives in personal products, laundry detergents, deodorants, carpet cleaning and household cleaning solutions make many sensitive people quite sick. We believe these sensitive people are like the “Canary in the Mine” warning the rest of us of threats to our health and well-being.


Are substances on the skin – absorbed into the human body? …“Take the challenge: In the morning take a clove of garlic, cut it in half and rub the wet garlic on the bottom of your bare foot, then get dressed. Within 24 hours you will taste the garlic in your mouth. You can count on it.” Likewise, the chemicals of “cleaning” enter our bodies through exposure; from what we touch, from our feet to our hands (our skin is a giant organ). When your customer and their family walk with bare feet on freshly cleaned carpet, moisture from their feet activates the contaminant and sticky soap and detergent residues, and chemicals in the carpet are absorbed through their feet into their blood stream, commonly attacking the nervous system and the brain. How much toxicity, poison, do we need to live with, and how much cancer are we contributing to our lives?


Next time you take a shower and you shampoo your hair, “stop and think”…, stick your head underneath the spigot … ask yourself… how much water did it take to get your hair wet?… Now shampoo your hair then stick your head back underneath the spigot and think… how much water it takes to rinse all that soap out of your hair. That’s a lot of water… If you used that much water on your carpet to rinse out all that soapy, sticky residue then think about the effect over-wetting creates in your carpet cleaning jobs. It creates its own problems, including mold and bacterial growth, and that funky “wet dog” smell that often remains in damp, poorly-cleaned carpet for days.

Comments are closed.